We like to do things differently at Brasserie Blanc, so for a twist on the traditional mince pie try our delicious recipe for a Christmas mincemeat jalousie, a wonderfully festive dessert, perfect served warm with cream, vanilla ice cream or vanilla custard. Feel free to use shop-bought puff pastry, and a jar of bought mincemeat can easily be spiced up with some extra orange or clementine zest, some cranberries, chopped nuts and even a dash or two of brandy. Less time in the kitchen means more time with loved ones, of course. Follow our easy guide or watch our video where we show you how to make it.
- A jar of mincemeat
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 1 beaten egg
- Optional –
- Dried cranberries
- Chopped nuts
- Zest of 1 Clementine
- Preheat your oven to 220*c/200*c fan.
- Lightly dust your surface with flour, and roll out your puff pastry sheet.
- Spoon the mincemeat down the centre of the pastry. For an added flavour adventure you can mix in a handful of dried cranberries, a sprinkle of chopped nuts and the zest of a clementine.
- Cut the edges of the pastry into strips. Then fold the strips over the mincemeat filling, alternating as you go to create a lattice/plait effect. Egg wash for a lovely golden finish.
- Transfer to a baking tray lined with some non-stick parchment paper. Place in the oven to bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until beautifully golden brown and cooked through.
- Leave to cool slightly, then transfer to your serving plate and dust with a snowy sprinkling of icing sugar.
- Cut into slices, serve & enjoy!
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0