We like to do food differently so how about home-smoked beetroot. Truly delicious!
Follow our easy 5 step how to guide here for a quick, easy and different dish.
YOU WILL NEED:
- a selection of rainbow beetroots, cooked and quartered
- a roasting tray with rack
- wood chips
- a cook’s blow torch
- tea leaves (optional) – Earl Grey is a good choice
- tin foil
- Place the wood chips (available online and in a variety of different flavours) in a small baking tray or foil punnet.
- Position the punnet inside the roasting tin, to one side, and using the blow torch set the wood chips alight until smoking and smouldering. This may take several minutes. Once smoking you can sprinkle on a generous pinch of tea leaves, for an added flavour adventure.
- Fit the rack into the roasting tin, over the wood chip punnet and lay the beetroots out on the rack in a single layer on the other side of the tin, avoiding placing any directly over the heat.
- Cover the roasting tin completely with tin foil and leave for ten minutes, allowing the delicious smoke to infuse the beetroots.
- Serve with fresh salad greens and goat’s cheese for a gorgeously flavoursome autumn aperitif.
Or watch the #Howto video here