Our incredible in-house designers Inge and Olivia share their top tips for decorating a Table fit for the King.
- Start with a red, white and blue colour theme. We chose a striking blue and white table cloth to add something extra special.
- Add vintage blue and white crockery.
- Use blue recycled glass vases. Adding in white and red tulips brings in a touch of spring while complimenting the theme.
- Bunting is essential, we made our own by using off cut wallpaper samples from William Morris. Co.
- Make yourself an extra special coronation Mock-tail. We made homemade raspberry lemonade. It looked fabulous, tasted delicious and was both alcohol free and child friendly. A top tip to make your drinks extra special is to freeze fruit and use it as ice cubes. We used frozen berries.
- A classic Victoria Sponge cake, layered with lots of fresh chantilly cream and berries and topped with a decorative crown is the perfect centrepiece.
- Fresh baked scones with cream and jam are a quintessential British favourite.
- Cake stands are perfect for stacking sandwiches on, we went with smoked salmon and cucumber.
- Simple sugar syrup
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Your choice of soda water or fresh sparkling water
- Crushed raspberries to finish
This recipe is perfect as it can be adapted to your liking, just add more or less of the above ingredients depending on how sweet and strong you like.
corgis optional, other dog substitutes acceptable.