ARE YOU A SUPER TASTER?
Ever thought you taste flavours more intensely than your friends and family? Or perhaps the opposite is true. Try our simple test today & find out if you really do have super-duper tastebuds.
WHAT IS A SUPER TASTER?
Well, it’s all down to genetics.
- can have up to 1100 tastebuds per cm2 of their tongues, 100 times more than a non taster.
- are extremely sensitive to bitter or very sweet flavours, as well as temperature and sensation such as carbonated water.
- generally make the pickiest eaters and can’t stand foods like broccoli, brussel sprouts, grapefruit, dark chocolate or coffee.
- are usually the most adventurous eaters, enjoying a wide variety of food.
- Make great pastry chefs as they have a higher tolerance for sugar.
- often have the healthiest diet.
Which are you? Pop in to any of our brasseries during our Festival of Flavour week, April 11th – 17th, and take the taste test to find out.
Not recommended for under 10’s.