You’re in safe hands.
We have excellent Covid measures in place to ensure your visit is safe & relaxing – here is our five-point promise:
- OUR PEOPLE : Our teams are all Covid-trained and temperature checked before each shift. All staff will be wearing face shields which will be sanitised regularly
- GUEST COMFORT : We have hand sanitisers for you to use and table screens and portable screens between tables where necessary
- PERSONAL SPACE: To help with social distancing we have restricted capacity management and a one way flow. Team members and guests are required to wear face masks in line with government guidelines.
- OUR VENUE: We have introduced more rigorous and frequent cleaning of all areas of the brasseries
- PAPER’LESS’ : We have single use menus,& cards payment only
- IMPORTANT – REGIONAL TIERS: Please help us to do the right thing & make sure you are booking a table in line with the very latest Government guidance for your area https://www.gov.uk/guidance/local-covid-alert-levels-what-you-need-to-know
- Maximum booking size – in line with government guidance, we can take bookings for a maximum of 6 guests per table (all must be from the same household if you live &/or are dining in a venue in Tier 2)
- We are now cashless & also fully seated with table service for drinking & for dining
- Table Service Only: just a reminder that we are using the bar space as well as the brasserie for dining & that we are now cashless for both drinks and dining.
- Test & Trace: we are required to capture the contact details for at least one person for each booking. Book online now or download the NHS app and check-in when you arrive. The details you use for your booking will be used for ‘Test and Trace’ purposes.
Please see below for our five point promise:
Frequently asked questions
Here are a few further details regarding what to expect and our new ways of working :
Q – What is the maximum number you can take bookings for?
A – In line with government guidance, we can take bookings for a maximum of 6 guests per table (all must be from the same household if you live &/or are dining in a venue in Tier 2)
Q – Do I need to book in advance?
A – It is not essential but is strongly advised. If you book online we do not need you to log in for test & trace on arrival, in addition we will be carefully managing our capacity due to social distancing guidelines so we would highly recommend that you do book ahead to avoid disappointment.
Q – I have a gift voucher that has expired/is soon to expire, will I be able to extend my voucher to use when you reopen?
A – All gift cards that cover part or all of the COVID lockdown period will be automatically extended
Q – Do I need to wear a mask when I arrive?
A – Yes, the government requires that a face mask must be worn on arrival at restaurants and whilst moving around hospitality venues at any time. We will not be able to allow you inside without a face covering.
NB: If you are feeling at all unwell we would ask that you delay your visit with us – thank you.